The project was primarily the conversion of Weybridge Hall into a two-screen independent cinema from its previous usage as a public hall from 1956 onwards. Structurally this required the removal of key elements within the building and installation of an independent steel-framed structure within the existing shell of the hall. The acoustic isolation of this frame to dampen vibration and noise transmission from the cinema, along with the sequencing of demolition and temporary works was a major consideration for the project.
In addition to the works for the cinema, the primary building towards the front was redeveloped for residential usage, requiring structural alterations for new access routes and reinstatement following earlier demolition works for the cinema.
Shockledge were appointed by Kier Construction from concept to completion, including an initial structural survey of the building.